Adult Small Groups & Support
Oak Knoll has a number of opportunities for small groups. We offer faith and fellowship-based groups such as:
- Women's Bible Study - this group meets Monday mornings at 9:30 am from Sept.-May.
- Scripture Review Group - this group meets Thursday mornings at 10:30 am, year-round. They review the scripture that will be part of the next Sunday's worship service.
- WOW (Women of the Word) - this group of women meet the first Saturday of each month at 9 am.
- MIB (Men Ingesting Bagels) - this group of men meet the second Saturday of each month at 8:30 am to catch up on life, discuss religion, world topics, sports (not much), life events, or whatever comes to mind. A great opportunity to connect with other men at Oak Knoll and is open to all ages. And it is not always just bagels – sometimes cinnamon rolls sneak in.
- Men's Breakfast - this group of meets the 2nd Thursday of each month at 8 am at the Perkins at Highway 7 and Hopkins Crossroad. Men of all ages are welcome to join in this time of fellowship.
- Quilting - this group of women meet Wednesday mornings and Thursday evenings to make quilts that get distributed to Africa through Lutheran Social Services.
- Book Club - this group meets the 4th Monday of each month at 12:30 pm to discuss novels selected by the group. Click here to for current Book Club Book Selection List (PDF file).
For grief support:
- West Suburban Grief Coalition - The Coalition's mission is to assist the grieving in understanding their loss experience in a caring, safe and non-threatening atmosphere. The group rotates meeting places each Quarter among the member churches, including Oak Knoll. To find the current location, or learn more about the group contact Cindy Hilbrands at (763) 475-7124. Newcomers are welcome at any time, there are no fees associated with participation. Click here for current Grief Coalition Schedule (PDF file).
Wednesday Morning Quilters